/* Google Analytics Script -----------------------------*/

August 12, 2011

Why the blog name "Lightning Spice"?


First the lightning part. There’s a quote by Mark Twain that I love:
The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter—it’s the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.
I’m trying for lightning here. I don’t always succeed, but that’s my aspiration. I can have aspirations, can’t I? That struggle is part of the “cathedral of insanity and success” that is in my blog subtitle. When I fail, it drives me insane. When I succeed, well… then I have lightning and I can zap people with my mad word skilz!

What about the “spice”?

Ummm… you know that saying that variety is the spice of life? I’m hoping to capture some of that. Plus, “lighting spice” just sounds REALLY COOL. Unexpected. Delightful. Kinda tickles the brain. Almost makes you want to put your tongue in an electrical socket. (NO, don't go and try it! ;-)

Okay, on to something that really matters. ‘Cause you probably don’t care a burrito’s bean about why I named this blog what I did, huh?

1 comment:

Th. said...

.

Well, I've just read through all these posts and so now I do.