/* Google Analytics Script -----------------------------*/

April 22, 2017

Things to do on next book as I write that will prevent headache in revision



1)   Write the summary of the action for each scene  (This will help with creating the story synopsis.)
2)   Track the goal of each scene, character goal (This will ensure that characters remain active and purposeful, moving the story forward.)
3)   Track the conflict of each scene, source of tension. (This will help ensure that each scene is interesting)
4)   Track the change that occurs to move the story forward (This will help ensure that each scene is necessary to the story)
5)   Track the promises that are made and where they are kept (This will help ensure that I leave no threads hanging that shouldn’t be tied up by the end. Unless they are supposed to still hang free for a series.)
6)   Track what people do to fall in love or show love for each other. (This will help ensure that relationship arcs build in a meaningful and natural way.)
7)   Track time passage (This will ensure that I can track the timing of the plot and spot any problems.)

As I read through what I have written, I might find things that have to be fixed or added later. I can make notes on these things and leave them, since later I might find the issue will have worked itself out or is no longer valid. 

Hopefully this will give me direction on revisions.

No comments: